Your Guide To Celebrate Thanksgiving 2019 in Dubai Celebrating Thanksgiving right here in The UAE? No problem! Thanksgiving is usually held on the fourth Thursday in November, and this time it happens to fall on the 28th of November 2019. So, bring out your fat pants, and save an appetite, because we have a full list [...]
Today marks exactly 12 months before the beginning of the much-awaited Expo 2020. With 192 countries participating, for a whole of 6 months and simply one year to go, this event is easily one of the biggest and most anticipated projects of UAE.
With a motto of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’; this is the first time that a project this massive will be held in the Middle East, Africa, and the South Asian region. As of today, the 20th of October marks as the first day to a year before the Expo, there is no way we couldn’t have expected some sort of celebration.
To be a part of the festivities and celebrations, here are some of the places you can head down to, to enjoy it all.
- Burj Park – In honor of the big celebration, US artist Mariah Carey and Emirati star Hussain Al Jassmi will be taking charge of the stage at Burj Park, tonight, 8:20 pm sharp.
- Burj Khalifa Light Show – The celebration cannot complete without one of the most spectacular light shows from the iconic Burj Khalifa. Keep your eyes glued at the World’s tallest building, as the clock strikes 20:20 (8:20 pm); for a spectacular show that marks the beginning of the 1-year countdown to EXPO 2020.
Also, for those of you in the other emirates, here is where you can catch all the celebrations:
- Abu Dhabi – Check out all the concerts of Dubai, along with food, music and graphic art at Louvre Abu Dhabi.
- Sharjah – Al Majaz Waterfront
- Ajman Museum
- Umm Al Quwain Corniche
- Ras Al Khaimah – Al Qawasim Corniche
- Fujairah Fort
Expo 2020 is by far one of the biggest projects of the region and is expected to have 75 entertainment events taking place every single day. Right from Live performances from globally loved artists to local and cultural experiences, fashion shows, workshops, fireworks, exhibits to the future of technology and much more, guests are expected to see a grand celebration like none other. The event is expected to go on for 6 months, starting October 20, 2020, to April 10, 2021.